The purpose of the Community Wellbeing Committee is to support the local government sector to achieve intergenerational community wellbeing.
- Scan the environment for trends, issues and opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of Taituarā positions on issues relevant to community wellbeing, including the Review into the Future for Local Government.
- Identify and promote leading practice for community wellbeing.
- Promote tools that support high quality planning, policy development, service delivery and reporting (for wellbeing).
- Build relationships for community wellbeing.
- Work with others on programmes, projects or initiatives that build local government's capability and capacity.
View/download the draft Community Wellbeing Committee Terms of Reference.
Geoff Williams, Chair, Chief Executive, Rotorua Lakes Council
Garry Dyet, Deputy Chair, Chief Executive, Waipā District Council
Helen Algar, Community Development Manager, Waitaki District Council
Rex Capil, General Manager Community Lifestyle Services, Gore District Council
Rachael Davie, General Manager Strategy and Community, Western Bay of Plenty District Council
Rebekah Dinwoodie, Group Manager: Community Wellbeing & Services, Hastings District Council
Denise Kidd, Group Manager Community Services and Facilities, Selwyn District Council
Paula Naude, Manager: Community Development & Emergency Management, Tauranga City Council
Upananda (Upa) Paragahawewa, Economist Social and Economic Science, Science, Policy and Information, Waikato Regional Council
Sheryl Pinckney, Manager Strategy, Whakatāne District Council