We understand that Council staff are under sustained pressure because Lockdown and Covid, on top of pressure and uncertainty caused by the various reviews.
This webinar will provide staff with some practical tips for identifying if their mental well-being is compromised and tools to address it.
About this event
In these uncertain and turbulent times, we need tools to manage our thoughts, emotions and actions. With a multitude of emotional triggers in Local Government creating stress, frustration and anxiety at work and home coupled with a pandemic, there has never been a better time to learn new skills to manage your emotions and improve productivity.
We also need a framework for identifying psychological distress in ourselves and others, and a process to provide Psychological First Aid if needed so people can access the right care to get on the road to recovery.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The Neuroscience of Thoughts, Emotions and Actions and how to manage them
- Healthy Thinking® Tools such as AEIOU, TWiG and Cognitive Switching.
- How to use KYND wellness (Know Your Numbers Dashboard) to measure, manage and monitor physical, mental and social health.
- How to recognise psychological distress and manage it using a Psychological First Aid process.
- How to set boundaries and transfer duty of care and personal responsibility to ensure the safety of yourself and others
The cost for this webinar is $250+GST per council.
Only one person at each council is required to complete the registration on the Taituarā website, we will send a link to the webinar to the person who registers their council to attend. You are welcome to share this link with others in your organisation who are interested in attending the webinar (including remotely). We will also share the recording of the webinar after the event has taken place with all councils who have registered to attend.