The annual update on case and statute law applying to local authorities and their obligations as an employer.
About this event
Employment law and practice is ever-changing, and 2022 has only seen the pace of change quicken.
This webinar is tailored specifically for local government and covers the latest in case law and legislation. We will also cover some frequently raised issues including the freedom of expression for employees and human resources (HR) in transition to the new world of the reforms.
- A general update on Covid-19 and your obligations as an employer.
- Implications of the case law around vaccine mandates in defence, police, health, and education.
- HR implications for staff in transition via three waters reform, RMA reform and the like.
- The new protected disclosures legislation (which is likely to be through Parliament on 14 April).
- Freedom of political expression as it applies to local authority employees.
- Fair pay agreements.
While the webinar is designed specifically for HR professionals and Chief executives, aspects of the webinar may also be of interest to any manager.
$250 + GST per council.
Please register one ticket for your council on the Taituarā website. Leading up to the event, a Zoom link will be sent to you, to register on Zoom before attending.
This can then be forwarded to anyone in your council who would like to attend.
Note: this event is being recorded and will be made available to registrants 7-10 days after event completion.