Are you up for the challenge? Registrations are now open for the 2023 Australasian Management Challenge.
- 02 May 2023-03 May 2023
- 15:00 - 17:00
- Save to my Calendar
- TSB Auditorium - Shed 6, Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington, New Zealand
About this event
The Australasian Management Challenge has been at the forefront of professional development in local government in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand for more than 25 years. The Management Challenge is a simulation-based team building, learning, and networking programme using real local government themes.
Teams are provided with a series of tasks throughout ‘Challenge Day’ which require them to respond to a range of scenarios. Some challenge tasks require written responses, some take the form of a roleplay or presentation, and the teams are scored on observations of how well they display energy, synergy, effectiveness, and creative thinking.
The Management Challenge helps participants develop their leadership, analytics, communication, negotiation, decision-making, and presentation skills.
Entry fee: $5,650.00 + GST per team
The Management Challenge process:
- Work in local government? Get a team of five or six together.
- Appoint a mentor from your council to assist the development of your team.
- Work together on a real-world, pre-challenge task.
- Test your skills and creativity against other teams in an exciting, one-day regional challenge.
- Get feedback on your performance from professionals in the sector.
- Regional winners go on to compete against the best of the best in an international final.
Who should be part of your team?
Anyone! You don’t have to be a manager to enter – the Management Challenge is about developing people, including future leaders. The many thousands of local government employees who have participated in the Management Challenge have demonstrated that almost any local government officer with the right attitude will take away enduring benefits from the experience.
Past participants have included staff members from all council disciplines and levels including librarians, team leaders, IT specialists, community service professionals, marketing professionals, HR managers, arborists, and experienced managers, to name a few.
Key 2023 Challenge dates
- Pre-Challenge Task released week of Monday 6 March 2023
- Pre-Challenge Task due Thursday 6 April 2023
- New Zealand Management Challenge in Wellington 2-3 May 2023
- Australasian Final August 2023
The Australasian Management Challenge Final
Following the post-challenge assessment process, one overall winning team will be declared in each region. These teams will go on to participate in the Australasian Final to be held in August 2023 (in Australia), competing against the winning teams from all other regions.
Teams will be required to cover their own travel expenses – but to assist the winning team with their finals bid, Taituarā will contribute $500.00 + GST per participating team member to help the winning team meet these costs.
Information relating to accommodation, including location and costs, will be made available prior to the Australasian Final.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact email@example.com