We announced the winners of the 2022 LGFA Taituarā Local Government Excellence Awards in an online ceremony yesterday. The AskYourTeam Emerging Leader of the Year Award, the winners and runners up of the NZ Leg of the JLT Australasian Management Challenge, as well as the Supreme Winner were also revealed.
The winners of the 2022 LGFA Local Government Awards were:
- The Minister of Local Government’s Award for Excellence in Council/Community Relations,
- Te Tohu Waka Hourua - The Buddle Findlay Award for Māori-Council Partnerships,
- The Beca Award for Placemaking, this category also recognised a highly commended entry,
- The Capability Group Award for Excellence in Organisation and People Development,
- The MartinJenkins Award for Collaborative Government Action,
- The Datacom Award for Transforming Service Delivery, and
- The GHD Award for Environmental Leadership, this category also recognised a highly commended entry.
The 2022 LGFA Supreme Winner was awarded to Far North District Council for their entry 'Te Hiku o te Ika Revitalisation Project' in which 81 urban development, restoration and revitalisation projects contributed to employment and training, community development, as well as improved spaces in the region.
For the first time two recipients were recognised with The AskYourTeam Emerging Leader of the Year Award.
The overall winner, as well as second and third place winners, of the NZ leg of the JLT Australasian Management Challenge held online in April were also announced.
Taituarā congratulates all the winners of these awards and is delighted to help share the knowledge and best-practice taking place within individual councils further afield, so others can learn from the innovation taking place nationally.