Part of Taituarã's LGLeadershipPathways.
LG Accelerated Leadership is a highly interactive, practical programme designed to allow participants to discuss and debate the qualities and behaviours of great leaders.
It focusses on authentic leadership, making a difference in their role, and delivering results for their councils.
Participants enjoy local government focussed content including senior leader speakers who share and discuss their experience as it applies to each topic. It is also expected that participants come willing to discuss issues and challenges they face under Chatham House Rule.
Why should you attend?
- Delivered over a five-month period allowing time for genuine growth as a leader
- This programme has been developed for local government professionals and is delivered by facilitators with exceptional knowledge and understanding of the sector
- Learning syndicates are set up on day one allowing networking between workshops to reflect on learning and how it applies to their council role - many of these relationships continue to develop even after the programme has finished
- For no extra cost and with only a small amount of additional work, participants are eligible for the NZQA approved New Zealand Certificate in Business (First Line Management) (Level 4).
Who should attend?
Taituarã's LG Accelerated Leadership Programme is aimed at tier 3 and 4 managers and people leaders wanting to excel in their leadership role. This programme helps them to develop their leadership capabilities, so they can develop others.
How it works?
The programme is held on a regional basis and is made up of five modules delivered as one day workshops.
Module 1: A leadership mindset
Module 2: Engaging hearts and minds
Module 3: Relationships, influence and collaboration
Module 4: Customer driven culture
Module 5: Driving change
There are three distinct phases, which are designed to encourage the application of learning:
- Prepare phase - preparation work is sent out to participants 2 weeks prior to each workshop
- Explore phase - one day face to face workshop or virtual workshop split into two sessions
- Apply phase - applying tools, techniques an approaches learned on the job
What our leaders are saying
"Leadership is not black and white, you can't learn it all from a text book - you learn from your own and others' experiences and this programme provides that opportunity."
"I have found this programme extremely beneficial. The facilitator was really engaging, and I really enjoyed her style. I also found value in having the regional group."
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in taking part in the next scheduled programme or if you'd like to discuss arranging one in your region.