The COVID-19 Local Government Response Unit was reactivated last week and, in partnership with the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and Local Government New Zealand (LGNZ), we are releasing daily guidance and advice to support the sector through the recent COVID-19 outbreak and the associated Alert Levels – for both immediate challenges, and supporting evolving challenges. We also collate guidance from central government and other agencies. We meet twice daily, seven days a week to stay on top of the issues and release the '5.15' later in the day.
To keep up to date with this guidance and advice, subscribe to the Taituarā COVID-19 Discussion Group here, or email COVID-19 to email@example.com.
The most recent guidance has included the following:
- Vaccinations of essential workers – we’re working with the Ministry of Health about prioritising vaccines for essential workers
- Mandatory record keeping – now required at all public locations
- Public toilet operations under Alert Level 4 – important information for the transport sector, particularly long-haul freight
- Ombudsman’s advice on LGOIMA during COVID-19 – advice for managing LGOIMA requests during lockdown
- Community support contact card – NEMA has provided a Services and Support Fact-sheet outlining the community support available for effected communities during the lockdown.
We’re awaiting information relating to library books, air-conditioning, and advice from Simpson Grierson on rate payments.